CHAROLLAIS COW IN OILS
I found a photo I took of a Charollais last time I was in France and as I wanted to try out some new techniques, she seemed as good an option as any.
1st sitting: Laid the background in acrylics and blocked in the first stage of the cow.
2nd sitting: Added another layer of colours to tone down the harsh tonal differences on the first stage.
3rd sitting: I decided to have a go at laying on paint impasto style with a colour-shaper tool, thingy. It was great fun and I really like the effect. See close-up below..............
Still lots to do but I am quite pleased with the way this one is progressing.
I have tweaked the cow some more and added in the foreground. Now I've done that, I think the background is a bit flat and too abstract for the piece so I need to do some work on that next.
I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT THIS PAINTING WENT MISSING DURING MY HOUSE MOVE SO IT WILL NEVER BE FINISHED UNLESS IT TURNS UP AMONGST THE BOXES IN THE GARAGE OR SOMETHING!